
The Vision
"I climbed and climbed
Where is the peak, my Lord?
I ploughed and ploughed,
Where is the knowledge treasure, my Lord?
I sailed and sailed,
Where is the island of peace, my Lord?
Almighty, bless my nation
With vision and sweat resulting into happiness.
Kalam observed that it was important to have a mission for the nation and a mission in life.
"Mission leads to thinking. Thinking leads to hard work with devotion. It will result in close to achievement in profession. Achievement in profession alone is not sufficient. A righteous human mind is vital. Combination of economic prosperity in life and righteous way of thinking and action by individuals and society will make the nation great.
There is a need to take up number of societal measures for promoting national development and enhancing the quality of life all the citizens of the country. It is a challenge, we need to imbibe the confidence among our 540 million youth that 'We can do it'."
No comments:
Post a Comment